Explore different career options and understand how the industry works with real-life experience.
AudienceStudents aged 14 and older.
LocationConstruction business workplace.
DurationWork experience placements can last a maximum of 30 days per calendar year.
What is work experience?
- Work experience placements allow students to gain practical experience in a construction business.
- Students are placed in companies where they learn about different career paths and roles, develop skills, and make new contacts.
- Work experience allows students to explore construction career options before committing to an apprenticeship or traineeship.
- They also allow students to make connections with potential future employers - it is not uncommon for work experience placements to result in employment down the track.
How does it work?
- Construction Pathways can work with trusted industry partners and schools to connect motivated students with local construction companies to arrange work experience placements.
- Work experience can be offered to any interested student over the age of 14 who is enrolled in school.